What is Academic and Career Planning (ACP)?
The purpose of Academic and Career Planning (ACP) is to assist students with planning and preparing for opportunities after graduating from high school. These opportunities may include post-secondary education and training that leads to careers.
ACP is a student-driven, adult-supported process in which students create and cultivate their own unique and information-based visions for post-secondary success. This is achieved through self-exploration, career exploration, and the development of career management and planning skills.
2020欧洲杯时间安排ACP refers to both a process that helps students engage in academic and career development activities, as well as a product that is created and maintained for students’ academic, career, and personal achievement.
2020欧洲杯时间安排ACP is a student-driven, ongoing process that actively engages students in:
- understanding their own interests, strengths, values, and learning styles.
- creating a vision for their future.
- developing individual goals.
- preparing a plan for achieving their vision and goals.
ACP provides students with a product that documents and reflects students’:
- coursework, learning, and assessment results.
- post-secondary plans aligned to career goals and financial reality.
- record of college and career readiness skills.
4 Stages to Successful Academic and Career Planning
1.Know – Self-Awareness: Who Am I? Get to know your interests, skills and strengths.
- Students learn about themselves, their interests, skills, preferences and aspirations. This exploration supports students in finding opportunities that are right for them.
- Interests and strengths
- Self-reflection and goal setting
- Academic courses and skill preparation
- Employability skills
2. Explore – Career Exploration: Where do I want to go? Explore career pathways and education opportunities.
- Students learn about career possibilities and the educational pathways that are required for different careers.
- Career exploration and activities grades 6-12
- Understanding and comparing different post-secondary education and training options
3. Plan – Career Planning: How do I get there? Set goals, choose courses, get involved, complete applications and resumes.
- A dynamic, action-based plan outlines the steps needed to achieve career, school, and life goals.
- Planning skills
- Middle and High School planning
- Post-secondary planning
4. Go! – Career Management: Do it! Evaluate and adjust along the way!
- Plans are brought to life, whether for a career, job, or college, by taking informed action.
- Executing the plan
- Evaluating the plan
- Updating the plan
Career Cruising is an online self-exploration and planning program that helps students navigate these four steps in planning.
Hudson’s Academic Career Plan Grades 6-12 Learning Continuum
2020欧洲杯时间安排At each grade level, students will practice goal setting and planning by developing and/or revising their personal Academic & Career Plan with the support from adult mentors (teachers, counselors, parents, etc.). this is meant to be a gradual process that builds from one year to the next and supports the unique development of each student. Student goals and plans are expected to change annually based on their personal experiences.